Schedule For Week 2: 13 April – 19 April 2020
Being an effective learner in a classroom setting does not guarantee you to be as effective, if not more, in the online environment. In fact, many who have signed up for online courses are not able to complete them.
Do you know how to schedule a time for online learning? It sounds easy, but many do the schedule and other matters waylay its priority? Do you know the tools and effectively use it to learn in an online environment? How do you do online discussions with your fellow participants in a synchronous and asynchronous chat (live video or text chat)? How to ensure that your fellow participants enjoy and take part fully in the discussion?
This course will equip you with pedagogical fundamentals, including Socratic approach, Team-Based Learning, Video Lecturing, discussion management – rules of engagements, notes-taking, and online learning strategies. You will better understand Constructivism and Social Constructionism applied to engage and enhance your learning.
Create dynamic, engaging, and responsive learners in record time is the aim of this course. To start the class, we need at least eight people so that we have ample participation, sharing, and building a community of practice to help one another too.
By the completion of the course, you will be able to:
- Understand e-Learning concepts and design principles;
- Familiarise with the tenets for e-Learning;
- Use other tools needed for e-Learning;
- Develop skills to participate well and manage online discussions – synchronously and asynchronously; and
- Take notes effectively in online learning courses.
– Online learning and practice: 1 hour
– Class meetup: 1 hour x 2 sessions
Mode of Delivery Online via Zoom
– Trainer instructions;
– Online learning;
– Participant sharing blogging and online discussion.
Participant to start: 8
**SGD$80 per seat
– free use of LMS for online content.
1. The course is not a Skillsfuture accredited course yet– hence you cannot use Skillsfuture Credit nor claim from Skillsfuture funds;
2. SME sponsored participants to get a discount of $10 per seat– official letter/email from HR or Senior Management will suffice;
3. Group sign up will get SGD$10 discount per seat (on top of SME sponsorship – a total of $20). Minimum of 3 per group. Payment must be made before the course starts – via bank transfer or Paypal (or credit card);
4. Cancellation can be made three days before the first course online meet-up. After that, the paid amount will be forfeited. A replacement person is permitted with an administration fee of SGD$20.
5. Due to unforeseen circumstances for cancellation of the course by the trainer, a full refund will be made.