Includes “How to Launch e-Learning Fast: A No-Nonsense 1-Day Plan.”
Includes “Personal online consultation time with Trainer for 30mins“
Schedule: For 13 April – 18 April 2020 – available from Wed, 8th April 2020
Being an effective stand-up (or face-to-face) trainer does not guarantee you to be as effective, if not more, in the online environment.
Do you know how to conduct a condensed lecture? Do you know the tools and effectively use it to engage your online learners? How do you do online discussions with your participants in a synchronous and asynchronous chat (live video or text chat)? How to ensure your participants have learned what you have imparted?
This course (conducted through a few days for short hours) will equip you with pedagogical fundamentals, including Socratic approach, Team-Based Learning, Video Lecturing, discussion management – rules of engagements, and online assessment based on Bloom’s Taxonomy. You will better understand Constructivism and Social Constructionism applied to engage and enhance the learning.
In this course, you will learn some material online before the online meet-up. It was intentional to break up the class into meeting twice for 2 hours to set the expectations and learning materials, and to meet twice for an hour each for sharing and showcasing your work that is synonymous with the themes of Smart Cities Education (http://www.smartcitieseducation.com).
Create dynamic, engaging, and responsive eLearning coaching / facilitating in record time is the aim of this course. To start the class, we need at least eight people so that we have ample participation and sharing, building a community of practice to help one another too.
By the completion of the course, you will be able to:
- Understand eLearning concepts and design principles;
- Familiarise with the pedagogies of teaching and learning;
- Use online tools for e-Learning;
- Know how to manage the online discussion, synchronously and asynchronously; and
- Integrate assessments based on the sound pedagogical approach to enhance learning.
Option 1: 1-Day Course: 2 x 3 hours (form a group, min. 4 to start)
Option 2: Online learning and practice:
- 2 hours x 2 Online
– Class meetup: 1 hr x 2
Both options will have ** Personal online consultation time with Trainer: 15 mins (you can send me your learning-related problems or questions ahead)
Mode of Delivery: Online via Zoom
– Trainer instructions;
– Online learning;
– Participant development (based on Smart Cities Education themes) – – Constructionism; and
– Participant sharing blogging and online discussion.
Participants to start: 4
**SGD$250 per seat
– free use of LMS for online content.
1. The course is not a Skillsfuture accredited course yet– hence you cannot use Skillsfuture Credit nor claim from Skillsfuture funds;
2. SME sponsored participants to get a discount of $20 per seat– official letter/email from HR or Senior Management will suffice;
3. Group sign up will get SGD$20 discount per seat (on top of SME sponsorship – a total of $40). Minimum of 3 per group. Payment must be made before the course starts – via bank transfer or Paypal (or credit card);
4. Cancellation can be made three days before the first course online meet-up. After that, the paid amount will be forfeited. A replacement person is permitted with an administration fee of SGD$20.
5. Due to unforeseen circumstances for cancellation of the course by the trainer, a full refund will be made.