Dr. Mak Wai Keong is the CEO and Founder of Edtrix Solutions. It has a partnering company, Edtrix Innovations Pte. Ltd., the innovation and development arm that focuses on the development of Educational innovations to enhance learning by folds.
Dr. Mak holds a Doctor of Education (Ed.D), Masters of Science in Management of Technology, and a Bachelor of Science in Chemistry & Mathematics.
The company also developed SmartzWerkz™ – an online Assessment platform that is in transition via A.I. to be adaptive and automate the grading of assessments.
Dr. Mak also found a non-profit setup, the Smart Cities Education initiative, that focuses on the Sustainability Development Goals (SDGs) by the UN.
Dr. Mak is also a Smart Education Consultant, focusing on three areas of Smart Education, namely (1) Automated Grading of Essays; (2) Adaptive Learning and Assessment, and (3) Learning Companion.
Being passionate in research and training, he ventured into the academic and research domains as a lecturer at Temasek and Ngee Ann Polytechnic. His research capacity started at SIM University as a Research Associate, and National Institute of Education (Centre for Research in Pedagogy and Practices (CRPP). He is author and co-author of numerous international journals and conference papers.
He was able to apply his experience in Learning Technology areas at the Singapore Polytechnic and Yale-NUS College, where he was the Associate Director for Educational Resources & Technology. At the Institute for Adult Learning (IAL), Innovation Lab (iN.LAB), he curated four major learning initiatives, namely InnovByte, InnovLogue, InnovJam, and InnovPlus, that are still in the running. He started his career in the area of training and multimedia development, and Managing Director and Founder of Pyrady Systems Inc Pte Ltd in 1997 to focus on multimedia training development for the telecommunications and semiconductor industries.
- Smart Education (in progress): https://www.smart-edu.online
- Coping with Death: For those who dedicate their lives for the lives of others: https://www.copingwithdeath.online
- The Book Series Portal: Online Shared-Space for Books
Dr. Mak provides research services on a project basis or by time-basis, depending on the nature of the study.
I have experiences in the following area of research:
- Quantitative Analysis – Statistical Testing and Factor Analysis; and
- Qualitative Analysis – Observations, Interviews & Focus Groups;
Edtrix Innovations Pte. Ltd. focuses on three areas of Smart Education, namely :
(1) Automated Grading of Essays;
(2) Adaptive Learning and Assessment; and
(3) Learning Companion (under the IMDA Open Innovation Platform and AI SG).
It’s SmartzWerkz™ platform uses A.I. to provide an adaptive online assessment portal that is launched in Malaysia, targeting English as a Second Language (ESL). Edtrix Innovations intends to disrupt the norm to provide grading services to schools so that teachers can do their best job, i.e., teaching. As such, this will afford immediacy of feedback, crucial to writing good essays for students’ assignments.
- Professional Member, Singapore Computer Society;
- Founder, Smart Cities Education;
- Member, Smart Cities Network, (Smart Education) ;
- Member, Smart Cities World;
- Member, Smart Cities Council;
- Member: Singularity University;
- Member: IEEE Smart Cities (6655392);
- Member, Team-Based Learning™ Collaborative;
- Academia: https://waikeongmak.academia.edu/;
- Researchgate: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Wai_Keong_Mak3;